The Innovation Scout Network
Identifying and Promoting Innovation to Benefit Healthcare
Innovation Scouts are supported by HEE to provide a local, initial point of contact for colleagues to bring forward and discuss innovative ideas. Scouts also seek to promote the adoption and diffusion of best practice to benefit patients and the wider NHS community.
Who can be an Innovation Scout?
- Promote the development and adoption of an innovation strategy within their organisation
- Help to implement and managing Intellectual Property (IP) policies
- Disseminate key messages about innovation and promote adoption and diffusion of best practice
- Be a point of contact for HEE
Health Enterprise East
Includes Innovation Scout Laura Wilkes
Library & Knowledge Services Manager
West Suffolk Hospitals NHS Trust
Includes Innovation Scout Chris Cook
Research & Innovation Manager
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
What are the benefits of being an innovation Scout? Joining the Innovation Scout Network
Being an innovation scout can be a rewarding experience for both the individual and the NHS organisation, benefits include
- Access to the Scout Network to share learning, experiences and establish new contacts
- Opportunity for personal development through CPD accredited training (3 courses with a combined total 15 CPD points)
- Access to networking events, tools and dedicated web based materials
- Playing a central role in improving the quality of services for the benefit of patients and service users
- Opportunity to promote and share best practice to enhance Trust reputation as an innovative organisation
Joining the Innovation Scout Network
There is no cost to join the Innovation Scouts network and interested individuals are encouraged to contact us.
As the role requires commitment outside of an individual’s normal day to day working, line management support is essential. Many organisations opt to have more than one Scout working together in order to achieve a wider impact across their organisation.
For more information on the Innovation Scouts Network email Chris Armstrong Marketing Manager or call 01223 928040.