Health Enterprise East Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Health Enterprise East Limited of Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6WZ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.hee.org.uk ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site. We may from time to time ask you for information, for example in relation to opportunities that may be of interest to you or in relation to problems reported with the site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Health Enterprise East Limited
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
If you are from one of our member organisations or have provided us with your personal details in connection with registering for an event or in connection with one of the services we offer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of the original correspondence.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to other bodies affiliated with Health Enterprise East. Innovation disclosures submitted by NHS staff at our member Trusts will be shared with Medovate, an innovation development company launched by HEE, for the purpose of assessing potential in-licensing targets. Their Privacy statement can be found here.
We may disclose your personal information to trusted third parties:
- We will share your information with our CRM provider who distribute our newsletter and competition launches. Similarly, it is possible that our website support company could need to access our mail lists as part of maintenance or improvements. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).